Network Monitoring Tools : As an organization grows, the resources, systems, services, and infrastructure also tend to grow considerably. Therefore, with increasing time, organizations need to manage today’s complex IT environments with ease for the smooth running of their services.
When your end-users or employees are experiencing difficulties, you must have such a tool that lets you quickly ascertain and remediate the root cause of the slowdown or error. System Monitoring Software comes to resolve those issues. Therefore, you should first analyze your infrastructure environment, define your budget, choose your deployment option, and shortlist the tools.
Now that you know what network monitoring software is, you can also look for router login on routerlogin.mobi. Now let’s look at the top ten free network monitoring tools.
STUFF TO CONSIDER: Network Monitoring Tools
The network monitoring tools listed below are analyzed based on the following criteria:
- A system that automatically discovers and logs all network devices.
- A topology mapper for networks.
- The ability to utilize SNMP to obtain live network device statuses.
- A service to assess network effectiveness.
- Data visualization in the form of charts and graphs.
- For a risk-free evaluation, offer a free trial run, a demo, or a money-back guarantee.
- A reasonable price that demonstrates good value for money when evaluated against the services provided.
SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor: Network Monitoring Tools
SolarWinds NPM is a powerful network monitoring software that enables you to detect, diagnose, and resolve network performance problems quickly. This is a very flexible system suitable for all sizes of business and works both on Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Multi-vendor network monitoring
- Network Insights for deeper visibility
- NetPath and PerfStack for easy troubleshooting
Yet another good tool for monitoring for free, Datadog uses a unique, tag-based approach to track the performance of on-premises and cloud-based applications, monitoring servers, databases, tools, and services, through a SaaS-based data analytics platform. It works on Windows, Mac, Linux, Ubuntu, Redhat, etc. Datadog was founded in 2010. It provides good visibility over each of the components of the network and the connections between cloud, on-premises, or hybrid environments. Datacenter monitoring, application performance analysis, and event log management are all integrated and automated in the SaaS platform to enable unified real-time insight into a company’s clients’ whole technological stack.
Features: Network Monitoring Tools
- Maps the flow of network traffic between hosts, containers, etc.
- Visualize map traffic flow interactively
- System-wide DNS performance and health tracking
SPICEWORKS: Network Monitoring Tools
Spiceworks Network Monitor is one of the top self-ruling network monitoring tools. Installation is straightforward for new users. An installer takes you through the initial process of fixing your platform. Once you’ve completed the setup, you’re provided with a shortcut that links to the web-based interface GU1. The user needs to log in to start live monitoring.
ManageEngine Opmanager is one of the best free monitoring tools that facilitate efficient and hassle-free network monitoring and network management. It works on all Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android. Moreover, OpManager’s custom dashboard helps you look at all the primary network metrics in one place without having to shift between multiple screens.
Features: Network Monitoring Tools
- Monitors your network with 2000+ performance metrics
- Switches port monitoring with port-wise traffic control
- Support for virtual and physical servers
Site 24/7 Network Monitoring: Network Monitoring Tools
Site24x7 Network Monitoring is a Software as a Service (SaaS) network monitoring system that collects data from your network using an On-Premise Poller. The Site24x7 network monitoring tool is SNMP-based and works on Windows and Linux.
- It has a custom SNMP monitoring to monitor any vendor
- NetFlow analysis to track traffic
- Processed information by the SNMP gets trapped to receive instant alerts
Checkmark is software developed for Python and C++ for IT Infrastructure monitoring. It is used to monitor servers, applications, networks, cloud infrastructures, containers, storage, and databases which works both on Windows and Linux.
- Highly efficient for monitoring hundreds of services
- Fast installation from a single package
- The powerful API enables integrations with other ITOM/ITSM systems
So, why should enterprises adopt the network monitoring solution? Most monitoring solutions witness the network in real-time, allowing it to detect and inform you of performance issues before the network team discovers them. Diminishing the time between a problem and learning about it is an obvious and crucial benefit that will help troubleshoot network performance issues. You’ll also know about every performance hiccup on your network.
Network Monitoring Software is crucial for the growth of an organization. They help you manage everything quickly and safeguard all valuable/sensitive data.
In the comment section below, let us know if you know of any other free network monitoring software other than that listed above.