What are electric gates? Automatic Gates Electric gates are entrance gates that are operated completely via an electrical mechanism. In this age of automation, having electric gates are effective in keeping homes and offices safe. Also known as automatic gates, these are found in various types and are fabricated as per their defined purposes. This article further discusses the same and shows why they should be used in homes and office spaces.
The functions and purposes of automated gates
An automated gate is an excellent addition to any home. The automated gates improve security by allowing controlled access to a house and adding value to homes by serving as an attractive entranceway. Even better, certain things can be done after your automated gate has been built to enhance its overall efficiency, meaning you get even more bang for your buck with your new gate system.
Automatic gates are used to restrict entry to a restricted area. These gates are frequently utilized at the facility’s entry to regulate vehicle access on and off the property. An industrial facility, for example, uses an automated gate at its main entrance.
The general components of automatic gates
The following are the basic components of general automatic gates: –
- Gate, i.e., the physical component that closes the open boundary and seals the interior campus. These gates are generally made of metals like chain materials and various grades of iron and steel. This structure needs to meet the fencing requirement and structure of the system.
- The Gate operator consists of the machinery and circuits to aid in the functionality of the gate. This also includes the authentication systems that identify the authorized users and allow their entry within the campus. These can be completely electric driven or of the chain, gear, and hydraulic types.
The types of automatic gates you need to know about-
The following are the general types of automatic gates used these days commercially: –
- Slide gate, which is used commercially for light-duty purposes. It uses rollers to ride along the metal track laid for its smooth movement across the ground and hence are also called rolling gates.
- The cantilever gate is quite similar to the slide gate, except it does not use a roller for its movement. is the automatic gates are supported by the rails that run inside the fence structure and hence aids in hanging the gates over the gate opening.
- The swing gate hinged about a single side and then opened and closes just like an ordinary door. The spring used can be of single or double leaves and can also be either in-swinging or out-swinging types.
- Bi-flooding gate consists of two gate panels hinged from one side and then fold out to open each other and allow access.
Factors to consider
While choosing the type of automatic gates to be used, one should consider the following factors before that: –
- The overall size of the gate opening
- Space constraints and effective fitting within that space
- The weight of the gate that determines the type of operator to be used
- Speeds of opening and closing
- Electrical power consumed and energy efficiency
- Gate material and overall structural strength
Choosing the right kind of automated gate is a significant choice. Installing automatic gates can be expensive and must be maintained regularly. Suppose you are unsure about the type of gate to buy. In that case, it is suggested that you hire professional to help you know your requirements and choose the appropriate automatic gate.