Wireless Routers Living in today’s world is catching up with new technologies that evolve every day. The thought of surviving without the internet in the 21st century scares out almost everyone. Considering COVID-19, we all are working from home, and the internet helps us do our work and keeps us engaged by streaming movies and playing games.
Wi-Fi routers keep millions of people connected and work with many advantages of smart home devices. The best wireless routers provide easy parental control, built-in security, and app-based settings. Configuring your Wi-Fi router is equally essential. Our guide takes you through the entire process without any hassle! 192.168.1.128 this IP Address is a private address used by most internet routers!
Wireless routers in today’s world are optimized for homes full of connected devices, be it a doorbell or a smart TV. Even cars today can get connected to the wireless devices available at home, which offers faster connectivity and better coverage throughout the house.
Important Router Features
Wireless routers come with many features, and the more features you look for, the more you can expect the prices to be high. If you are finding a router, make sure you look for a router with more than four 10/100/1000 (gigabit) Ethernet ports, which help you link to wired devices like PCs.
Features like parental controls, Quality of service (QoS), and guest networks are prominent in wireless routers.
Parental control is a perfect feature for parents who want to check what their child is doing on the internet, and it also allows you to limit network access and usage. Some routers offer basic features like website scheduling and blocking.
The guest network helps you create a separate network for your guests and a password different from your primary router. This lets them connect to the network without giving access to files, printers, and other devices.
Quality of Service is an exciting feature needed for all of us, and it allows us to decide which applications get network priority. For example, if we put something on download and are streaming on Hotstar on another device, we can prioritize the network to the device we want to.
What Are The Best WIFI Routers? Wireless Routers
Wi-Fi 6, introduced a few years back, is the latest generation of Wi-Fi and has a great speed and is more efficient for home networks. But technologies keep changing every day, and with that, second-gen mesh routers are worth paying attention to.
Between mesh and Wi-Fi 6 routers, there are many new options currently in the market. But these routers provide you the best service, especially in the pandemic, when everyone is working from home and multiple users of the same network.
1. ASUS RT-AX86U Wireless Routers
The Asus RT-AX86U is a power-packed router that will give you great speed, mind-blowing gaming features, and customization options. It has lifetime protection against malware, and it provides you with a two-year warranty and long-term protection without any fee.
- Maximum bandwidth : 2,900 Mbps.
- Dual-core CPU 1.8GHz
- Wi-Fi support: 802.11ac
- Four wired ports.
- Capable on-board software
- High performance
- Broad range
- Reasonable price
- No wall mounting option.
2. TP-Link Archer AX11000 Next-Gen Tri-Band Gaming Router
This router is considered the fastest among all the other prominent Wi-Fi 6 routers available, with a Wi-Fi speed, produced over 10 Gbps. In this era of technological advancement where the gaming sector has proved its worth, a Wi-Fi router that provides high-quality gaming support with high friendly settings will be an added advantage for all the gamers out there. Along with the benefits such as easy installation, multiple ports, and multi-gig Wan Link aggregation, this Wi-Fi also provides robust security and protection in solid parental control and malware protection for a lifetime. Yet it has two significant disadvantages, which are nothing but expensiveness and bulkiness.
Specifications: Wireless Routers
- Maximum bandwidth: 11 Gbps
- Quad-core CPU 1.8GHz
- 802.11ax Wi-Fi compatibility
- Eight wired ports
- Latest Wi-Fi 6 speeds
- Wide range
- Set up takes time
3. Netgear Nighthawk AX8 (RAX80)
It is a Wi-Fi 6 or dual-band wireless router with a peak throughput of 1.389 Gbps. Reasons to buy this router are its high performance and good configuration options. It is a bit expensive but worth buying if you don’t want to compromise speed and safety.
- Maximum bandwidth : 6,000 Mbps
- Quad-core 1.8GHz CPU
- 802.11ax Wi-Fi compatibility
- Five wired ports
- Wi-Fi 6 compatibility
- Stunning style
- Excellent traffic control
- Extremely expensive.
- Not easy to maintain and run.
4. TP-Link N300 Wireless Router WR845N
This compact and elegant wireless router has been specifically designed for small businesses and home-office networking requirements. It provides:
- A wireless speed of up to 300 Mbps.
- Making it ideal for home network applications such as file downloads.
- Streaming HD video.
- Video chats.
- Online gaming.
The three high-gain antennas ensure that your internet connection is never interrupted. If you are stuck in a work-from-home situation, this wireless router is the one for you!
- It provides speedy wireless connectivity.
- It has a graceful design and texture that fits every interior.
- It is connected with the current internet protocol version IPv6.
- The routers come with three antennas to increase Wi-Fi stability.
- It has a TP-Link Tether app for easy handling and installation.
- Best for Making VoIP Calls
- It gives a maximum speed of 300 Mbps
- The router is equipped with three antennas
- Not a user-friendly interface
- Wi-Fi signals sometimes get disconnected.
5. Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000
The first wager router we’ve proven that facial characteristics Wi-Fi 6, the Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 exist a gamer’s delight, accompanying speed that mapmakers become better over interminable range, depressed abeyance as well the facial characteristics that gamers expect.
The GT-AX11000 is abundant, with a vast base, eight swiveling antennas, and a large 10.8Gbps maximum throughput. This communicating without material contact router bears a state of being connected to a fashionable large gathering, thanks to allure tri-band design and four coming after Gigabit LAN ports, and alone 2.5G Base T Ethernet relates, and two USB 3.0 ports.
This router doesn’t have a very eye-catching design but isn’t fooled by its design. This is one of the most powerful and most bought routers, and it offers the best range among the routers available in the market. Its top performance, inexpensive, built-in virus protection, and two-year warranty reasons to buy this. The only reason to avoid purchasing this router is that it runs hot, but that doesn’t count as a reason for not accepting such a good product. It is simply the best affordable router you can buy today.
- Maximum bandwidth: 1.1 Gbit/s
- CPU: Quad Core 1.8 GHz
- WiFi support: 802.11ax
- Wired ports: 5
- Wi-Fi 6 support
- Powerful control software
- Eight Wi-Fi antennas
- Large in design
6. Netgear Nighthawk AC2300 (RS400)
It is a high-priced router with high performance. This router is used in a different area – Cybersecurity. It might be short-ranged or with less configuration, but its good performance, three years of security software, and easy setup take all the attention. It is built to safeguard your home.
- Maximum bandwidth : 1,750 Mbps.
- CPU: 1GHz dual-core
- Wi-Fi support is 802.11ac
- Four wired ports.
- Advanced network administration
- Plenty of speed and bandwidth.
- Attractive price.
- It doesn’t provide gaming functions.
7. Asus RT-AC66U B1 Dual-Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Router
Through dual-band connectivity, Asus RT-AC66U provides a reliable Wi-Fi connection with a total speed of 1750Mbps. The feature of the dual-core processor that resides within the Wi-Fi router has eliminated the risk of poor performance. Another feature that makes it even more remarkable is the exclusive ultra-sensitive receivers that support the Wi-Fi signals to reach out to every connected device without any delay.
Using the ASUS Router App application, users can control their network from anywhere to set up the router, manage the network traffic, identify connection issues, and update the firmware. Apart from all these advantages, this Wi-Fi router supports the user with solid protection and security measures through the AiProtection Pro application and Parental control facility.
- Has a Dual-band Mesh Wi-Fi System
- The Asus router is feature-rich with services such as VPN, QoS, and much more
- It has a family-friendly system
- The AiMesh System defends all linked devices from cyber threats
- The router has a bulky design
- An expensive router compared to its counterparts
- The router can be a bit of a hassle to operate at first
8. Linksys MR8300
We recommend this router if you do not require or desire super advanced features. You still get features and performance far better than a standard home router, and it’s cheaper. You can add several nodes to use as part of a mesh network.
- Maximum bandwidth: 2200 Mbps
- CPU: 716 Mhz quad-core
- Wi-Fi support: 802.11ac
- Four wired ports
- Excellent power/price ratio
- Handles multiple connections effectively
- Works in a mesh network
- The range isn’t top-of-the-line.
- Mediocre file transfer speed
- Poor User Interface
- Only two USB Ports
The significant advantage includes its fast throughput performance that speeds up to 450Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 2200 Mbps on the 5GHz band with a processor speed of 716 MHz. Other benefits of this router include its easy installation, affordable pricing, and numerous management settings. At the same time, a few factors cause disadvantages to this router, such as poor User interface, USB port limited to 2, and a mediocre file transfer speed.
9. Linksys EA6350 AC1200+ Dual-Band Smart Wi-Fi Wireless Router
Linksys EA6350 is a dual-band router driven by a single-core processor with a throughput speed of 300Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 867Mbps on the 5GHz band. This also has an intelligent Wi-Fi web console that conveniently resists remotely Wi-Fi settings. Various other advantages that accompany this router include Multi-User MIMO, 4 Gigabit LAN Ports, a WAN port, a fast USB port, and two buttons for WPS and reset.
- Its security protocols are WPA and WPA2.
- Wireless-Ac is faster than Wireless-N.
- The Smart Wi-Fi App lets you remotely access and manage your network.
- It allows you to stream videos and play online games on multiple devices.
- USB 3.0 enables the transfer of huge files without waiting about speed upto 2.8 times faster than Wireless-N.
- It is suitable for homes with multiple devices and a high-performance USB to attach a storage device and quickly transfer large files to your Wi-Fi networks.
- The best feature is communication between your connected devices and the router.
- It comes with the Smart Wi-Fi App, and the router has a USB 3.0 port.
- Faster speeds than its predecessors
- Bulky in design
- It has a problematic and non-functional design
10. TP-LINK ARCHER AX90 (AX6600)
It covers a house with up to four bedrooms and offers fast speed to increase the efficiency of your home network. TPLink OneMesh support can be used with other compatible Wi-Fi extenders, extending coverage to your entire home. Intuitive Tether app can prioritize specific device’s voice control via Alexa, allows you to manage your guest network, and run internet speed tests without opening the app or your web browser.
- Maximum bandwidth: 6.5 Gbit / s
- CPU: 1.5 GHz Quad Core
- WiFi support: 802.11ax
- Wired ports: 7
- Better Wi-Fi speed and capacity
- Easy to manage via app
- Free HomeShield for security
- 2.4 GHz channel could be faster
- Need to create an account
- Subscription fees apply for advanced security features
After testing and reviewing dozens of routers, these routers came out to be a perfect pick for your needs and budget. These routers will deliver you excellent performance, affordable prices, and long-range. Wi-Fi routers are the unsung heroes that keep us all connected and hold our smart homes together. So choose wisely!